What You Don’t Know, CAN Hurt You!
Whoever came up with the saying, “What you don’t know can’t hurt you,” didn’t own a convenience store. The hidden and other complexities a C-store owner faces every day virtually guarantees that what you don’t know will hurt you!
Being a successful C-store owner or manager requires a diverse set of skills because there are so many aspects to your business. Think about it: you’re a grocery store, a restaurant, a bookseller, a souvenir shop and a hardware supplier. You might even store and sell dangerous chemicals. You’re a manager of employees, too, maybe even a life coach. In addition, you have to deal with all the local, state and federal requirements associated with fuel, food, alcohol, and tobacco.
How do you do it all?
Well, it helps to know everything that is going on in your business, analyzing as much data as possible and determining what it really means to you. A tall order, we know, but a job made significantly easier by using, to its fullest potential, the best available C-store back office software, services and support from a reputable, reliable vendor.
With this kind of system, you can:
- Monitor your sales variance daily to make sure that the non-resettable grand total from your register matches the total sales on the books.
- Track void and no sale counts from your POS to spot potential issues at the register.
- Track and manage inventory movement to help prevent items from sneaking out the door.
- Manage your margins at the point of purchase.
- Study your underground storage tank reports to make sure that fuel is not disappearing, or worse yet, leaking into the ground and attracting the attention of one of those three-letter agencies.
That’s just for starters.
So here’s to you—you do it all and you do it with a smile on your face. And with support from today’s best-of-breed back office technology, juggling all your business’ complexities has never been more manageable, and that translates into more profits.
So the next time you hear someone say, “What you don’t know, won’t hurt you,” ask them to try to run a C-store for a day. They’ll find out the truth real fast.