SSCS’s Halloween Grab Bag
All thriller, no filler
This special Wednesday Halloween edition of the SSCS Blog contains pictures of the SSCS Team in costume, links to current Halloween-themed events in the industry, and even a blast or two from the past (like the photo from a couple of years ago). Think of it as a bag of Halloween treats—all good stuff you won’t want to throw away.
Links to Halloween-related (mostly) convenience store news
The convenience store industry celebrates Halloween in a big way, and for good reason: it’s a can be a very profitable time of year for retailers. Here is just a smattering of links that have something to do with the industry and Halloween in some way:
• Lawson convenience stores in Japan has introduced some adorable Halloween treats this year.
• Convenience Store Decisions reports that Halloween spending is slated to hit $9 billion this year.
• Forbes provides a breakdown of how and where that $9 billion is spent along with other interesting Halloween statistics with this attractive infographic.
• C-store juggernaut Wawa introduced a secret Halloween menu for the season.
• GasBuddy’s infochart illustrates the most popular Halloween candies by state in 2018.
• Fans of the latest installment in the Halloween movie series may want to check out the real life gas station next to the old Meyers’ house.
• And just for the heck of it, here’s a look at the famous Kenova pumpkin house in West Virginia, courtesy of Atlas Obscura.
Strange things happen at go-gos
Go-go’s is a fictional convenience store created by the SSCS Blog, and is known to attract, er, unusual people and occurrences on a shockingly regular basis. As you might expect, some of the wildest happenings at go-gos take place on Halloween, like the time technology got a little out of control and that other time that a fairy godmother showed up demanding 100 pumpkins for 100 princesses. Looking for a little Halloween whimsy? You might find it at go-go’s.
We hope that everyone in the convenience store industry has a great Halloween this year, and we can hardly wait to see what great things petroleum retailers have in store for their customers who drop in on their way to trick or treating tonight. And for those feeling a little uncomfortable with all the spooky stuff that happening today and tonight, we leave you with the comforting gaze of the SSCS Care Bear team.